School Employees Benefits Board
SEBB is the new insurance being mandated by the State for Washington school employees beginning January 1, 2020. The enrollment period is scheduled to begin a few months prior to January 1, 2020.
Below is the link to the Health Care Authority website which provides information regarding SEBB.
With the implementation of SEBB it will be each employees personal responsibility to understand and enroll online.
Click on the link below and begin to understand SEBB.
Important Information - Please read the whole thing:
1) Your current benefits and rates will continue through December 31, 2019.
2) There will be an Open Enrollment from September 1, 2019 through September 15, 2019 to include adding/dropping dependents from your current coverage to extend it through December 31, 2019.
3) There will no longer be any pooling at the District level.
4) SEBB Open Enrollment will be from October 1, 2019 through November 15, 2019. Under RCW 41.05.740, the SEBB Program is authorized to offer the benefits listed below. The SEB Board will decide which of these benefits will be offered:
- Health Care Coverage:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Disability Insurance
In addition, the law grants HCA exclusive authority over the salary reduction plan, so the following benefits are also excluded from being offered by the District:
- Premium Payment Plan
- Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
5) If you currently have any of the benefits and salary reductions plans listed and the SEBB does decide to offer them, your current plans will end on December 31, 2019.
6) If you have a Medical Flexible Spending Account or a Dependent Care Account, these balances should be spent by December 31, 2019, no carry overs will be allowed.
7) The District may offer some benefits as long as they do not fall under the SEBB program's authority as listed above. Any optional benefits that are offered by the District are considered an enhancement to the state's definition of basic education, meaning the state will not contribute to their funding. The District will be offering the following:
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association (VEBA) Plans
- Cancer Insurance - AFLAC or American Fidelity
- Intensive Care - AFLAC
- Critical Care - American Fidelity
- Hospital Insurance - AFLAC
- Accident Insurance - AFLAC or American Fidelity
- Specified Event - AFLAC
The link below will also provide you with up to date information:
Please continue to monitor this website for information as it is your best resource. The District has not been provided with any additional information at this time.